Ann Staman Hollingworth
Does your child avoid reading because it’s too challenging?
Watch your child’s demeanor change…
…as reading becomes a source of enjoyment, not frustration.
Do you recognize your child here?
- Has trouble sounding out words
- Is delayed in language development
- Confuses abstract words such as for, of, and from
- Mixes up the order of sounds in words
- Forgets a word just learned a few lines above
- Reads accurately, but has trouble remembering what the passage is about
- Skips words or lines as reading
- Reads in a choppy, word by word manner
- Spells poorly
- Resists writing
I can help!
Whether the reader is 6 or 26 years old, I adapt my teaching approach to the needs of the individual. The diagnosis of the learner’s strengths and weaknesses is a welcome challenge. My experiences as a reading specialist, Special Education instructor, and classroom teacher have provided me with a menu of approaches to choose from, allowing me to use an eclectic mixture of techniques or focus on one specific method. Although I have worked with students from age 6 to young adult, my specialty is in working with children in the elementary grades, 1 – 6.
I also write for books for beginning readers.
I've published leveled books (Handprints), phonics workbooks, and beginning comprehension workbooks. And I now have a Teachers Pay Teachers store!